Anonymous asked: What is the difference between counseling and clinical psychology?
To answer this question, I would read this website. They talk about 5 Core Differences between Clinical & Counseling Psychology.
A brief overview is:
1) Clinical psychology deals with mental illness, while counseling psychology deals with day to day issues.
2) Counseling psychology deals with the present, while clinical psychology deals with the past.
3) Clinical psychology is concerned with the unconscious, while counseling psychology deals with the rational mind.
4) Counseling psychologists conduct more career assessments, while clinical psychologists will conduct projective assessments.
5) Counseling psychologists tend to work in academic or corporate settings, while clinical psychologists usually work in hospitals, private practice, and medical schools.